Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Sewing Project :)

I have been inspired by all the wonderfully talented friends I have and have wanted to start sewing again so I thought what better way to start than with a girly baby dress!!! I found this cute little pattern online for free and just got some leftover fabric from the cheap bin at walmart and whipped it out in about an hour! Just don't look too closely or you'll see all my mistakes but I had a great time doing it!

I have no idea how to post a link to where the pattern came from so I'm just going to paste the link to the blog and click on patterns
www.madebyrae.blogspot.com, you can also find a version for a toddler size or just take the current pattern and enlarge on a copy machine- the pattern is really really small!!

14 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Cute dress! I just took up sewing too and I am having a blast, it's kind of addicting :)

Unknown said...

wow i didn't know you knew how to sew! impressive! you can teach me now. fal

Kipn n' Sarah said...

WOW that is SO CUTE!!!! I really seriously could not whip something like that out at all I think! And it sure would not look as cute as that! Way to go! You have to teach me how to use my machine K?

Melissa said...

Very cute!! I am impressed... where did you get the pattern?

Caitlin said...

Hey, can you post a link to the pattern? I love free patterns!

The Woot-en Clan said...

That turned out so good! I looked closely and didn't see any mistakes :) I am very impressed with your dress! Miss you guys:)

The Gray Family said...

impressive! Maybe you should teach me....straight lines are about my limit :>)

Anderson Family said...

Where did you get the pattern? Like I said i am addicted!

Niki McDowell said...

Meagan, that is super cute! you'll have to get together with us when we have sewing days

Ehrlebird said...

You got skills!!! Whip me up some dress is my size ;) Home made is about what I can afford

Heather said...

WOW!!!! I didn't know you could sew!! We can be sewing buddies! :) You did anwesome job, that is super cute!!!

Vanessa said...

Lovely dress Meagan! I was going to say cute dress but everyone else said cute so I wanted to be different :) I want to learn how to sew dresses, so I am very envious! Maybe one day we can get together and have a girls sewing night!!

Beth and Poasa said...

Very Nice!

Anonymous said...

I am VERY IMPRESSED here! That's awesome! I gotta learn these goods! :) MISS YA and hope you are doing good! WE NEED TO HANG OUT!