Thursday, August 21, 2008
1. My legal name is now Meagan Hauck Hacker (I didn't have a middle name so my maiden name became my new middle name!)
2. I am wierdly attached to my dogs.
3. I'm as blind as a bat
4. I hate cleaning
5. I still clean even though it is not my favorite
6. I totally stalked Rob when we first started dating
7. I lived in Utah for an entire semester, when it started snowing I left!
8. I lived in San Diego for 2 years
9. While in San Diego my roommate "accidently" started a fire in our apartment.
10. We were no longer roommates after that incident
11. My first car was a white Mazda (no idea what year or make)
12. When coming to a stoplight I had to keep my foot on the gas and brake to keep the engine running!
13. My second car was a gold sedan that we purchased from a sweet old lady- the front seat was one big seat, so awesome!
14. My third car was my very own Jeep Cherokee! I loved that car and it is still in our family being driven by my nieces and nephews in Temecula!!
15. I'll stop talking about my old cars now
16. I don't really like the process of getting ready
17. I wish I could just wake up and already had a shower, done my hair/makeup, etc.
18. I once got a black eye when someone dived in on my head during swim practice
19. I love singing in the car by myself when no one can hear me!
20. I get all choked up when the ASPCA commercials come on and they want you to help out the animals in the shelters, gets me everytime.
21. I tried to adopt a kitten once but was rejected because I was going to declaw them- apparently that was worse than keeping them in a tiny cage with no one to play with.
22. Rob and my first pet was a cat name Musa and he fetched better than my dog
23. I no longer want cats cause they pee on our stuff
24. I dream about being on "So you think you can dance"
25. I realize this dream will never come true becuase I actually can't dance
26. I procrastinate, like right now I should be working or doing homework....but this sounded more important!
27. I love being tan
28. I burn everytime I'm in the sun
29. I'm on the computer all day long
30. I usually never answer my phone if I don't know who's calling
31. I have double-jointed toes
32. I can wiggle my eyes really fast
33. I have never broken a bone
34. I am very clumsy and run into things a lot
35. I am excited to be back in school
36. I totally freaked out on Rob before he proposed, he had to show me the reciept for my ring and then I felt like a total dork (but I have met someone who has done this same thing!)
37. I can't wait to make my peach jam, peach cobbler, peach whatever- I feel like such a good Mormon wife!
38. I would love to live on a ranch in Montana and save lots of dogs from the shelter and have some horses
39. My husband thinks I'm crazy (he told me he won't pick up all the poop)
40. I would love to travel in Europe someday soon
41. I want to have only boys and raise them to be NHL hockey players
42. Holy cow this is really hard to do
43. I love painting walls in my house
44. I love to organize (we have thousands of comic books Rob inherited and I have gone through each one and put them in the correct spot)
45. When I was a teenager I jumped off a bridge into a roaring river in the pitch black of night, I still have the scar to prove it!
46. I love to laugh and hardly ever cry (I may get choked up but it is a rare occasion when tears fall)
47. I never remember anyone's b-day until afterwards, sorry I'm trying!
48. I just got to talk to my good friend Monica which we haven't really kept in touch over the years...it was so awesome to hear her voice and her laugh!!
49. I am trying to be a better friend and keep in touch with people better, I know I suck at it most of the time!
50. I love to sleep and never sleep as soundly without Rob next to me
51. I totally love my hubby and I can't imagine life without his crazyness!
52. I have 2 brothers and 3 sisters
53. 4 years ago my brother died- he had a tough life and we truly believe it was his time to go, I wish I had a better relationship with him
54. I have 12 nieces and nephews
55. I have an older sister who is old enough to be my mom!
56. My favorite new Olympic sport is Race Walking....oh my gosh, soooo funny!
57. I totally enjoy watching hockey fights
58. I have never read nor watched anything to do with Harry Potter
59. I really enjoy living in Lake Elsinore, I don't miss Orange County one bit!
60. Ok so I'm totally bored with myself....59 is good enough right???
Friday, August 15, 2008
I am nervous but excited about it, just hope my classes aren't filled with 18 year olds to make me feel old and dumb, but I did sign up for classes that I should ace since I'm only doing accounting courses!
So over the next few months I should be back up to working almost full-time, taking 2.5 classes, running 3-4x a week, and anything else that comes up- and I'm totally stoked to be busy once again!!!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
This past weekend we traveled with our dear friends Kevin and Laura on a little camping extravaganza! We did some soul searching on the trip and found that none of us actually like camping!!! We really enjoy the hiking part of it and being in the wilderness, but the actual digging a hole to go potty, sleeping on the hard ground, no comfy place to sit and relax is not our cup of tea.
Here are the major highlights of the trip:
*We planned on staying 2 nights...we were up and packed after the 1st night!
*Kevin & Laura were freaked out all night because some critter was sniffing around their tent
*I had a dream that I was at my 36th b-day party and Justin Timberlake was there!
*We saw some naked men soaking up the rays at the hot springs
*We saw a bat fall out of a tree and die
*We saw a rattlesnake (we think it was dead)
*The amazing sky at night it was so beautiful seeing that many stars
*The best lunch I've eaten in a long time in Ojai
*Hot fudge sundaes at McDonalds
*Coming home to a cool shower and a super comfy couch!
Me & Rob (he wore his old marine boots and they were sooo cute!)
Kevin & Laura
Isn't this beautiful?
Rob, Kevin & Laura on their neverending hike (I took a nap)