Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Chicago Day 1

This is going to take multiple posts...we ended up with over 400 pictures (mostly Rob taking random pictures of buildings...so I'll only do the fun ones!)

We have been talking about going to Chicago for 5 years now and finally made it happen! Rob is a huge Cubs (baseball) and Bears (football) fan so we had to go on a specific week where we could attend games for both teams! Turns out we did 4 games in 4 days....crazy! So the start of the trip got off to a rocky one - I realized when we were getting settled into our seats on the plane that I was missing an earring :(((( I was upset the entire plane ride and felt so dumb that I lost it, I mean who loses diamonds, well me apparently, Rob just told me he'd get me bigger and better ones someday and to not let it ruin the trip...so I let it go and let the vacation begin!

Our first fun experience was getting from the airport to the hotel - we decided to try out the "el" train which takes you all over the city for super cheap...we flew in at rush hour (NOT a good thing when you have major personal space issues) so I was feeling a little grossed out by the time it was our stop. Of course the day we arrive the temp is 90 degrees - what the what?? So we got all settled in at the Allerton Hotel
and went to find some food - we went to a pizza place and ended up eating THIN crust pizza....this is NOT normal - Chicago is famous for DEEP DISH pizza, but because I am such a good wife I didn't make a fuss and went with the flow. Are you just overwhelmed with the all the excitement and adventure yet???

We went out for a late night McDonalds run for some ice cream, we are so crazy!!


We took a lovely romantic carriage ride around the lake around midnight - did I mention how romantic it was? Oh wait that's cause IT WASN'T! We had a talkative driver and she spent the whole time talking to Rob about the mayor, the police dept, where the horses were kept at night, if the buses freak them out, and other random things - let's just say I envisioned a much different ride!


And then we slept in our king sized bed - oh this was one of the highlights of the trip for shizzle!

Stay tuned for Day 2.....

6 comments:

The BRU Crew said...

SO FUN! So SORRY I left you hanging and I didn't give you your KEY BACK! LOOKED LIKE YOU HAD A BLAST! ;) GOOD TIMES! Hope you are doing good! I haven't been blogging in FOREVER...GLAD I GOT ON! MISSED YOU!! ;)

Kipn n' Sarah said...

WOW fun times and so sorry about your missing diamond! I think it is a hoot that you took a picture of the bed! HAHAHAhahaha....

Traci Elizabeth said...

sure, you "slept" in the bed :) that was your favorite part, eh?

cant wait to see more!

Heather said...

LOL! I love everyone comments on the bed! ;) love your play by play and pics too, can't wait for day 2!!

Todd + Emily said...

YOU CRACK ME UP!!! I'm glad you at least made it there ok : )!!! You husbands a good man to just buy you a bigger one : ) now you should just "loose" all your diamonds hah just kidding!

Vanessa said...

I don't get it why did you like the bed so much? Looks like you had lots of fun, I'm glad! Now I want to go to Chicago!