Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sugar Free....is the way to be (NOT!)

I went for a follow up visit with my doctor and while he saw some improvement I still have to completely change my diet for good! That means no more tasty yummy comfort food that I love soooo much! I have to give up all wheat (which is literally in everything, I have checked) and sugar (which is basically what I live off of). So I tried to rid the pantry of all pasta and other foods that I can't eat to get rid of the temptation but unfortunately Rob is not on this new eating plan so I had to keep it all....hopefully he'll get with it and cook it when I'm not here!
I have to eat as much protein as possible in every meal...if anyone has any good recipes or snack ideas please fill me in cause this is going to be a difficult adjustment. I was forced to eat ice cream last night by my mother-in-law but I did choose sugar-free instead....I told Rob afterwards I might as well just go hungry cause there is no point in sugar-free anything!!!!

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

Sugar free , Fat free pudding is super yummy! mix that with strawberries and it is a fun treat! Why are you needing to change your diet? What did the doctor say?

Benjamin said...

hey Meagan for my MS I do gluten free, sugar free, dairy free! I also see a wonderful acupucturist/herbalist/nutritionaist! On our blog I have links to a few bogs that are gluten (wheat free) there are great recipes there! Henrys has yummy gluten free treats (cookies and what not)and trader joes has gluten free pasta! (Its brown rice pasta) Ben is actually on board with all of this because I can still cook the thinks we love! Good luck and let me know if you have any questions because I do this every day!

Heather said...

:( I'm so sorry you have to do this! Not fun at all! Glad I got that cake in before you had to go on strike! :)

Benjamin said...

Hi again, I went today to a different Trader Joes (Bigger) and they had wheat free frozen waffles and pancakes. There really is tons of stuff out there (gluten free brownie mixies and breads) and its not that bad - you will probably be amazed at how much better you start feeling (if you actually follow the diet) too! Sorry to post again, but I am continually finding new treats everytime I go shopping. Good Luck!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok so you were SO SO SO FUNNY LAST NIGHT!!!! At least we made a pretty healthy choice in snack!
Good luck with that, that takes some real will power that I DONT HAVE!!! I am sure you will see results thought. I am sure of it if you stick to it!
You are a stronger women than I am. That is for sure!

Monica said...

Sounds like you are on a gluten free diet. I know a lot of people who have been going to that lately. I can try to get you some recipes. I love to have fruit when I get sweet cravings, are natural sugars ok? We still need to catch up!

Anonymous said...

K, so SORRY about the M&M'S being in my car... ;) AHH!! I hope that I am not making you go crazy...CRAP!! You are an AMAZING PERSON to stick to something like this..you can do it!! I KNOW YOU CAN BABY!! ;) YOU ROCK!!