Monday, May 4, 2009

1st Half Marathon

Yesterday I ran my very 1st Half Marathon! It was out in Newport Beach so we made a weekend out of it and stayed over Saturday night since I had to be at the starting line by 6am!!

My goal was to just finish, my next race I will focus more on the time!! There were 8000 people racing, it was jam packed! The course was beautiful and went along PCH into Newports Back Bay and finished at the OC Fairgrounds....it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed running along side thousands of people! I am in pain today, my legs are super sore, but the good kind since I pushed myself further than I had ever had, seriously this was probably the hardest thing I have ever done! Rob is super proud of me and that is actually the best feeling of all, I want to keep challenging myself and keep trying new things, so we'll see when the next half-marathon will be....no way would I ever do a full one, I do know that for a fact!!



















Rob loves this pic- this lady is like 100 ft from the finish line and she totally just collapses...she didn't faint or anything, she just gave up, she only got over the finish line by a stretcher, I mean seriously you run almost a full 13.1 miles and you can't get that last few feet????

11 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! Meagan I'm so proud of you and really disappointed in that dumb lady! LOL! So lame to go that far and then give up! She better have fainted! I'm so mean, I couldn't even go a mile!!! I was nursing Mitch that morning and I thought of you and had to text, just to let you know I was thinking of you and maybe wake you up if you had accidently over slept! ;) Congrats!!!

Anderson Family said...

Good for you, I was thinking of you on Sunday. Glad it went well and that you finished strong!!

Zane, Fallon,Taden,Damian and ? said...

You go girl! I am so proud of you my dear! keep it up sista!!

melissa gargalis said...

Way to go Megs! I was trying to remember when your race was. I can't believe you did a HALF marathon. I did a measley 5k and felt like I was awesome-granted I walk/jogged it and did not train for it, so you must feel FABULOUS!!! Way to go!

Ehrlebird said...

Wow that lady was me!!! And I rode a scooter most of the time. Seriously I don't even think I drive that far on some days. Good for you!! On your next one I will be riding in the van next to you and handing you water and a towel. I know too generous!

Congratulations you should be very proud of yourself

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I am SO, SO, SO, SO, proud of you!! I knew you could do it!!! I am going to do the next one with you, deal?? DEAL!!! I can't wait to run again, and train with you! Well I wanna talk to you and hear the details on it all! WAY TO GO!!!! YOU ROCK!!!

Todd + Emily said...

Way to go that is so AWESOME!!! Man I'm proud of you! I give you props for running that much that is so awesome!

Caitlin said...

Congrats!! That's awesome that you accomplished that goal.

The Gray Family said...

Meagan you are pretty amazing! What an accomplishment. Right now I would probably be the gal passing out after a mile or so :>)

Beth and Poasa said...

I'm so proud of you! That is a great accomplishment. YOU are WOMAN! I doubt I would ever be able to do that. Good for you. How's Rob's shoulder?

Monica said...

Wow, Meagan way to go. I don't think I will ever do that. I'm a wimp. I laughed about the lady, what a drama queen.
Oh thanks for the reminder about SYTYCD. I can not wait!