Saturday, October 24, 2009

Colt Joshua Rogers

Here are some pics of my newest baby nephew Colt. He finally came home on Thursday after 11 days in the NICU. It was so exciting to be there when he came home and just be there to hold him and snuggle with him for hours! He will be extremely spoiled while I'm there for sure. My mom even paid me a huge compliment and told me I was going to be a great mother - I've never heard her talk about me being a mom so that really touched me and I appreciated that.

Back to the cutest little guy! He is sooo tiny still but really strong, he grunts whenever you move, he does have a little terydactyl (sp?) scream, and I just love him to bits!!


This is him getting a little tan - I love this position he is in, the nurses all had their own unique touches and all the babies in the NICU were all posed just like this.


This is in little awesome bassinet thats on wheels!! I think this is hilarious cause he just gets wheeled from room to room while he sleeps- totally ingenious!


I finally got a couple pics with his eyes open, yesterday he was totally up and alert and looking around, it's just the cutest thing!

Ok so you'd think this was my own kid I was blogging about right now, kinda silly but I am so glad to have been around for this, just seeing the look of absolute joy on my sisters face after she finally got him home was something I will never forget. I think everything she has gone through in order to have that baby home and safe was all worth it. I think it's great that so many people can have babies so easily, but I've been around so many others who have truly sacrificed to have babies of their own - my heart just goes out to them and I'm just so happy that so far they have been blessed.

I love you little Colt and I'm so happy to be an aunt to a very special little spirit!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I'm crying right now!!!! Love you Meagan and I think you are going to be a great mommmy too! He is just the most precious thing!!! So happy that he is healthy and that everything went well this time!!I'm glad you've been able to be there for her, I'm sure she really appreciates your help and it doesn't hurt that you get to see and hold him so much! So fun!! Congrats on being an awesome Auntie to one cute little guy!

The Gray Family said...

he IS a cute little thing! I'm glad you are getting to spend a lot of time with him. The little newborn stage is adorable, but it doesn't last long :>) And I agree with you mom....when the time comes, you will be an AMAZING mommy!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

My goodness he is so stinkin cute it kills me!!! I am so happy that you have been able to be there for the whole thing. I also think you are going to be an amazing auntie and it is great because aunties can totally SPOIL the kiddo's its the best! He is a sweet one for sure!

Caitlin said...

First of all.. he's so adorable! Second of all.. you need to convince Lissa to get a blog so that those of us who don't live close can follow along!

The Cook Fam said...

Congrats Meagan! Looks like such a sweet little guy. I know you'll have your day too - My prayers are for you too! You're not alone. Love you and miss you lots!!