Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ramblings

I was sitting in church on Sunday when this thought popped into my mind "I am terrified to have a little girl". I immediately realized this is why I had such a hard time adjusting to the idea of it but I'm so happy and grateful for this little life!

And I look at this and I'm not so scared


Then I think of all the stages in her life that I will be a part of....

Will I give my daughter a haircut that makes her look like a boy?


Or support her when she thinks these head shots will get her lots of modeling jobs?


Will she choose good boys to date?


Will she have good friends and be a good friend to others?


I'm trying to be a better example for her already, I realize I'm not the nicest person but in teaching her to be better at everything than I ever will be, it will keep me much more accountable for my choices.

8 comments:

Traci Elizabeth said...

those pics are AWESOME!!!!!!!! u wiill be a great mother to a girl. she will love you and you will love her.

Caitlin said...

We had the same experience when we found out Janae was a girl. Totally thought it was a boy, and then BAM! she wasn't.. I'm still terrified to have a girl, and she's already here! Mostly I'm frightened of the teenage years. But I guess we all just gut through it!

P.S. I totally remember that polka dot dress! And is that Grandma with you? She looks so young! I mean, I know she was at one point but I just never think of her that way.

Caitlin said...

Okay.. I just reread that and I know that's grandma, I guess I'm more wondering if that's you. It came out weird the first time!

Todd + Emily said...

I think you are going to be a GREAT Mom!! she is one lucky girl to have you!

The Gray Family said...

thanks for the laugh :>) You will be one AMAZING momma she is lucky to have you! And Rob as well (who definitely WILL NOT be wrapped around her little finger...tell him I said that too!).

Vanessa said...

Oh my gosh, how awesome are those photos!! I haven't stopped laughing at the awesome head shot!! I'm excited to raise our little girls together! It will be tons of fun!!

Heather said...

:) This post is AWESOME! Love it! You are going to be this little girl's dream come true, I'm sure of it!

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.