Thursday, January 1, 2009

I did it!

New Years Eve was a turning point in my life....I was on my way to one of my bookkeeping clients and needed to grab lunch beforehand. I have literally never eaten by myself before. I mean I usually just go through a drive-through and eat in the car....but I've never been confident enough to go in and sit down and eat.

I decided that I was just going to try it....so Rubios Baja Grill was my destination and it felt totally normal just sitting and eating lunch...no lamo eating in the car while trying not to drop stuff in my lap, it was a big deal for me. Rob laughed at me when I told him about this, but I am just so excited about it. It takes a lot for me to feel comfortable with myself and after 2008 being pretty much the worst year ever for us- we have just been really excited for 2009 to begin! So heres to a new year and a fresh start- I'm looking forward to all the possibilities this year has in store for us!!

7 comments:

Todd + Emily said...

YAY!!!! Well first of all you made the right choice by going to Rubios!!!!!! That is the best food ever!!! I wish I was as confident as you to eat by myself! I am so so proud of you BFFE! We need to get together it's been like a whoe two weeks since I last saw you!! LOL!

Ehrlebird said...

Yay for quiet lunches!!! I have come to cherish sweet quiet time like that!! I really wish I could do it more often! OR we could go to lunch together and just NOT talk?? Hmmm think about it!

Miss you hope all is well

The Woot-en Clan said...

Yea Meagan! I am proud of you for doing that. I still have never done it. Maybe I will give it a try this year. Thanks for the inspiration:)

Heather said...

WOW! You have been missing out! :) That is one of my favorite things to do! I think my annoying jobs in the past have helped that hobby along! Proud of you!! I hope this new year brings everything you could ever hope for! I LOVE new years, something about making resolutions and trying to better myself just puts me in a good mood! On a side note - your last post killed me, you are hilarious! I haven't even noticed it! I'm pulling out white hairs more and more lately! I might have to hit a bottle of dye eventually, but hopefully later than sooner!

melissa gargalis said...

Dude you will probably endulge in those once you have little ones driving you nuts and be even more grateful that you're already comfortable with it. Go Megs. Way to step out of your comfort zone.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Great attitude, when I lived in Provo I used to go out to dinner at sit down restaurants by myself and even to the movies. I think by being a server and seing people do it more than you would think suddenly I did not think it was all that bad! I am totally proud of you and your new steps forward in life and your new wonderful attitudes in everything! Im also glad you are posting, YEAH!!!

Caitlin said...

Maybe next you'll have to try going to movies by yourself! Go to a matinee, get some popcorn and enjoy!